During a behavior consult, Mary will take a detailed history so that an accurate assessment can be made. She'll identify contributing factors and explain why your pet is exhibiting an unwanted behavior. Sessions result in a customized program, working knowledge of how to implement a training plan, and a written assessment sent to your veterinarian.
Mary can help you with a number of your pet's issues using positive, scientific training methods.
- Aggression towards people or animals in public
- Aggression towards visitors or other pets in the home
- House training and litter box problems
- Destruction and escape
- Difficulty handling for restraint or grooming
- Fears, phobias, and anxiety
- Home alone / separation problems
- Other problem behaviors
In addition to working with problem behaviors, Mary provides private training sessions on:
- Basic manners
- Preparing for grooming
- Helping new owners avoid frustration and the development of unwanted behaviors with puppy and kitten wellness, socialization, and problem prevention training.
Mary offers group training and behavior classes, including a variety of puppy courses, animal assisted therapy, tricks, and special behavior topics. Classes are located in Gaithersburg, MD and Manchester, MD. Please note the location of the session you are interested in attending.
Location and Hours
Consults are offered at the Helping Pets Behave facility in Gaithersburg, MD, located 15 minutes from I-495, 5 minutes from Shady Grove Metro, and 50 minutes from Baltimore. Appointments are available weekdays beginning at 9am with the last session starting no later than 7pm.
In-home consults are available for clients within an hour of Gaithersburg, MD, but incur an additional travel fee.
If you live outside of the DC/Baltimore area or are unable to schedule during office hours, a phone consult may be possible. Get in touch to see if a remote session is possible for your case.