Recommended New Puppies
Puppy-hood is a critical time for socialization and training. What happens the first several months will determine how your dog will react to its environment as an adult. This book gives you exactly what you need to prevent problem behaviors and best benefit from training implemented during the most formative months of your dog's life.
In this book the world renowned Animal Behaviorists Drs. Hetts and Estep describe a proactive plan for working through major puppy issues. You'll learn how to:
- Evaluate your puppy's behavior
- Best socialize your puppy
- Meet your puppy's behavior needs
- Alternatives to harsh methods of "disciplining" your dog
- Crate train
- House train
- Introduce your puppy to other pets
- And more!
Whether you have kids or not, it doesn't matter. This book is what you need to get you and your puppy through the most difficult years when he or she doesn't know anything. The book is broken up into 5 sections:
- Discusses important issues you should consider before getting a puppy.
- Describes puppy socialization, house training, behavior, and basic training.
- Introduces appropriate ways you, children, and other puppies should interact and play with your dog or puppy.
- Is all about coping with the juvenile dog and how to prevent problem behaviors.
- The authors write about an important topic for a dog of any age, preparation for a new baby.
Even if you've raised a thousand dogs (or kids), I guarantee you'll learn something from this book.